Working to eliminate defects in a production process saves a business time and money. Students can learn a specific methodology at several education levels to work towards delivering a perfect product to consumers. Students can enter various certification levels in six sigma technology to further their career in business.
In order to lower the defects in products students are taught how to correct business processes using different methods.
- A team of six sigma professionals analyzes data to determine problem areas that need to be addressed.
- The goal is to help a business by working with quality control to clear a product of any harmful variation.
- Teams are made up of champions, master black belts, black belts, green belts, and yellow belts. The champion is the team manager and all other levels report to the next highest belt level.
- The purpose of a team is to constantly strive to stop process variation, examine data, and develop plans to stop malfunction. Business students or already working professionals typically work through certificate programs.
- Training takes approximately two weeks to fully understand the different aspects of a certain belt.
A six sigma green belt certificate program trains students to conduct two primary functions within a team.
- The first is to contribute to the implementation of six sigma procedures.
- The second is to lead focused improvement projects within their area.
- Students can expect to learn how to successfully use statistical systems to communicate business strategy, incorporate lean manufacturing, apply the DMAIC process, and select the correct statistical technique.
- The DMAIC process is a course of action implementing how to measure, define, analyze, improve, and control all areas of the problem to ensure its future workability.
Black belt teaches students to understand the DMAIC process completely in order to fully execute projects.
- Coursework on the philosophy of process improvement, customer business, lean principle, and assessment give students the needed knowledge to perform six sigma procedures.
- Black belts stay in their position for a few years while they help train, develop, and lead management to achieve goals regarding malfunction elimination. Once this is completed many black belts return to their regular work duties.
Master black belt training teaches students how to train other employees in a company.
- They are responsible for training all lower level belts and making sure that an implementation of a six sigma process is accurately measured and developed.
- The ability to interpret data and keep a process on deadline makes them the facilitator of a team. In depth coursework in process capability, design, variance, and quantitative research can be expected at this level.
- Continuing education allows students to become champions and a leader of a six sigma team.
Students can enter various belt training programs making their knowledge in this area extremely useful inside many career fields. With accredited certificate programs being short students can work through a program while still in college, immediately after graduation, or while still working. Students can receive the best quality education available by enrolling in a fully accredited program. Full accreditation is provided by agencies like the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business ( http://www.aacsb.edu ). All options develop highly useful skills. Start training today and earn the belt that fits career goals.
DISCLAIMER: Above is a GENERIC OUTLINE and may or may not depict precise methods, courses and/or focuses related to ANY ONE specific school(s) that may or may not be advertised at PETAP.org.
Copyright 2010 – All rights reserved by PETAP.org.